32 things you should know about Wizkid on his 32nd birthday
As Wizkid turns 32, here are 32 things you should know about him.
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, better known as Wizkid, is a prominent Nigerian musician who turns 32 today, July 16, 2020.
We’ll be sharing 32 facts about him with you guys as part of the celebrations for his 32nd birthday.
For the devoted fans of Wizkid FC, all of the information on this page is already in their diaries, but for those who don’t know much about the musician, grab a notepad as we share some personal information with you.
- Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, a.k.a. Wizkid, was born in Surulere, Lagos, on July 16, 1990.
- Wizkid was raised by his mother, Mrs. Balogun, a Christian, and his 12 sisters. His father was Alhaji M.O. Balogun, a Muslim.
- Before changing his name in 2006, Wizkid went by the name Lil Prinz when he first began singing.
- The Starboy boss attended Ijebu Ode Grammar School before enrolling at Lagos State University, where he eventually dropped out. After being admitted to Lead City University, he attempted to return to school but failed to complete.
- He first entered the music business at the age of 11 as a member of the group Glorious Five. When Wizkid was 15 years old, he had already met OJB Jezreel, who he idolized, and was also a great fan of 2Face, Sound Sultan, and Neato C.
- “Mami water” is the name of Wizkid’s debut single. We doubt you were aware of that!
- Wizkid later signed with Banky W’s EME record label in 2009, marking the start of the rise of the superstar that we are all familiar with today.
- His first Headies awards as the “Next Rated” came with the release of his first single under EME, and a slew of additional accolades soon followed.
- Wizkid traveled the globe in support of the album “Superstar,” which was released in 2011 by Empire Mates Entertainment, as no one could get enough of the newest superstar in the room, who wasn’t even 20 yet!
- Wizkid’s fans couldn’t get enough of him, so in 2014 he released his second album, “Ayo,” which featured a number of well-known musicians.
- Wizkid, who collaborated with Drake on the hit song “One Dance,” was the first Nigerian musician to appear on the Billboard Twitter Last 24 Hours chart in 2016.
- Wizkid has profited significantly from a number of endorsement agreements. The music singer has made substantial sums of money from various telcos and global companies, including Pepsi, MTN, and even Glo.
- Wizkid has collaborated with big music stars both domestically and abroad, such as Chris Brown and Drake.
- Superstar (2011), Ayo (2014), and Sounds from the Other Side are the three albums Wizkid has to his name (2017)
- He also collaborated with EME on the 2012 compilation album Empire Mates State of Mind.
- Wizkid also has a fascinating personal history, which is something else to consider. In case you’re unaware, he is the father of three sons.
- Wizkid had his first child, Boluwatife, with Shola Ogudugu, his then-girlfriend who later became pregnant, in 2011 when he was 21 years old.
- In 2016, Wizkid and his second baby mother, Binta Diallo, welcomed their second child, Ayodeji.
- However, just when everyone assumed Wizzy Baby was done having children, news of the birth of his third son, Zion, with his manager, Jade Pollock, was made public. Few people anticipated this, but these two were romantically involved when we assumed they were just partners in business.
- Since Wizkid entered the music industry, success has been his middle name, and we have been there to track and report on every accomplishment he has made.
- Like the time he completely sold out the 20,000-seat O2 Arena in London for his performance there in 2018. Another occasion that helped Wizkid firmly establish his place on this list was his sold-out performance at London’s “Royal Albert Hall.” Just so you know, Wizkid has a day designated in Minnesota because his previous performance there was a sold-out show at the Skyway Theater.
- In 2018, Wizkid’s brand took another risk by creating a custom Nike jersey, which was immediately in high demand. Wizkid has his own clothing brand, much like many other highly well-known celebrities—only superstars do this!
- How can we forget the video for his hit song “Fever,” in which Tiwa Savage appeared? That song generated so much buzz that it trended for days on social media. It attracted over 1 million views in just a few hours of release!
- In 2018, Wizkid’s success story entered a new realm when he walked the Dolce and Gabbana runway alongside model and fashion icon Naomi Campbell. The Internet erupted in a frenzy.
- The term “Soco,” from one of Wizkid’s top singles, topped Google searches for the entire year.
- With over 1.1 billion streams, his prior Drake collaboration “One Dance” set a Guinness World Record for the most streams ever on Spotify.
- Wizkid was a featured artist on Beyonce’s 2019 “Lion King” album, a collection of songs that were influenced by the 2019 remake of the beloved Disney film “The Lion King.” Beyonce’s first child, Blue Ivy Carter, Saint Jhn, Beyonce, and Wizkid all appear on the song “Brown Skin Girl.”
- Wizkid received the Ashford and Sampson Songwriters’ Award at the 2019 Soul Train Awards for his work on Beyonce’s song “Brown Skin Girl.”
- He was named the “Best International Act” at the 2017 MOBO Awards. He received congratulations for his triumph at the MOBOs from President Buhari, Vice President Osinbajo, and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar. He got three trophies at the AFRIMA awards ceremony held in Lagos in November 2017.
- Wizkid, who has about 10.9 million Instagram followers, is currently the fourth most followed Nigerian celebrity.
- Wizkid joined YouTube on the 20th Spetember, 2014 and is currently on over a billion views on YouTube and 2.4 million subscribers.
- Wizkid’s accolades include a Grammy, three MTV EMAS, three Billboard Music Awards, 12 Headies, five MOBO, and three Soul Train Awards. Four NAACP Image Awards 5 African Entertainment Awards USA; 7 Afrimma Awards; Come Closer Gold, 2x Essence Platinum, and One Dance 8 Platinum.
Happy Birthday to the legend whi just tuned 32 today, 16th July, 2022