How To Boost Intimacy In Your Marriage/Relationship
There’s a friend of mine in my neck of the woods, for the sake of anonymity, let’s just call him Mr. Nathan Olumide, who tied the knot just 2 years and said he was tired of having s*x with his wife. The same lady he was bragging about and glorifying to the whole neighborhood that she has got the biggest backside any man would kill for, before they got married. Now Mr. Nathan Olumide is talking about having a side-chick.
He disclosed to me that after his wife gave birth to their twin babies, that was when having s*xual intercourse turned into house chores for him. Absolutely unattractive. He became tired. The only reason he still sleeps with his wife is only to make her feel happy because the fire he was once enjoying has since been extinguished.
Apparently though, I knew he was making an excuse to cheat which was why he was laying down those petty excuses to alleviate guilt and negative judgement.
Ladies and Gentlemen; here’s how to increase intimacy in your marriage – and for the unmarried, your relationship.
- Know that intimacy is not just about having sexual intercourse but nurturing a warm, exclusive and strong connection between you two.
- Talk heart to heart. Talk about how you feel, how you are, notice each other’s goodness. Talk more than just bills, the children and responsibilities
- Maintain oral and body hygiene. Your spouse will struggle to get close to you when you smell
- Make time to spend together. Intimacy is not rushed
- When you two are far from each other, chat and talk warmly over the phone so that when you meet at home it is a continuation of the warmth
- Kiss more than your spouse’s lips. Kiss your spouse’s forehead, cheeks, neck, fingers, arms, back, thighs… The skin has alot of room
- Talk to each other with a tone that is not attacking, this will invite you both to each other’s presence
- Laugh together. Humour makes two people bond easier
- Eat together often. Food is a unifier
- Make out often. Making out involves lengthy deep kissing, handling, cuddling, massaging
- Ask each other leading questions. These are questions that will require conversations and not a yes or no answer. Questions such as “How is your dream coming along?”, “How did you get this mark on your arm?”, “What do you love about us?”
- Complain less, appreciate more. It is difficult to enjoy the company of someone who is constantly negative
- Pray more as a couple. Prayers brings you two closer
- Do activities together. Find something you both can do together such as cooking, playing a game, watching a movie, dancing; love is built on activity
- Dress in a manner that excites and pulls your spouse to you. Confidently look appealing
- Give each other eye contact more so that you focus on each other. Tame your phone, TV and gadget use
God bless every home
Although marriage/relationship can be a bit complex to understand, which is why you have to study every situation and apply wisdom when necessary and hope it works.
But at the end, everything is mainly simplified by marrying a good compatible partner.