New Owners of Newcastle United React to Kylian Mbappe's Transfer Question

Newcastle United’s new owners respond to Kylian Mbappe transfer question

The Frenchman is out of agreement at PSG the next summer.

The club’s part-owner and director Amanda Staveley has made it known that Newcastle intend to seek top notch players under their new Saudi possessors.

On Thursday, the Saudi Arabia-sponsored consortium led by Staveley finished its £305million takeover of Newcastle, stopping Mike Ashley’s disputable 14-year reign in control.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) presently hold an 80 percent share in the club, while the remaining 20% has been similarly parted between Staveley and the Reuben brothers, David and Simon.

New Owners of Newcastle United React to Kylian Mbappe's Transfer Question

Staveley presently possesses 10% of Newcastle

A heap of new signings are expected soon, with Paris Saint-German forward Kylian Mbappe, whose agreement terminates toward the finish of the season, one of various high-profile players connected with a transition to St James’ Park.

Furthermore, when questioned on whether Newcastle will focus on any semblance of Mbappe, Staveley said:

‘We are in the market to compete for world class players, we have done it before.

‘But we need the infrastructure around the world class players. We will get there, and we already have world-class players, we want to make sure they have the support around them.

‘You do need a big balance sheet in football, but we are not here to be irrational, it is a state investment fund and there to look after the people.

‘We have to do a full review, where the operations are, what we are looking at in January, but it is going to take a little time.’

‘This is a great team and they should not be in 19th position, we need to challenge that straight away, and players also need to know they have our fullest support,’ she added.

‘We have taken on a club at the bottom of the Premier League at the moment and we need that to move.’